Rotfeisch & Samulovitch PC is a Toronto-based boutique Canadian Tax Law firm specializing in income tax and business law.You cannot ignore the tax problem thinking that it will go away. In fact, ignoring the tax issue is the worst thing you can do. There’s just one proper answer to a tax problem – an effective tax solution that’s just right for you. We:
- Offer tax planning advice to businesses, self-employed professionals, corporations, organizations and charities.
- Offer tax help to start-up businesses including proper tax structuring.
- Help clients bring tax filings up-to-date through the Voluntary Disclosure Program(VDP).
- Help clients make a tax amnesty (voluntary disclosure) application for unreported income or offshore assets.
- Provide tax planning advice for mergers and acquisitions.
- Represent taxpayer’s interests and defend their rights in CRA tax audits or tax investigations.
- File Notices of Objection to challenge incorrect or unfair tax assessments and reassessments.
- Appeal to the Tax Court of Canada to fight for taxpayer rights.
- Bring rectification applications to court to correct improperly documented transactions.
- Represent the taxpayers when CRA denies their charitable contributions.
- Submit taxpayer relief applications (fairness applications) for the cancellation of interest and penalty assessments.
- Negotiate with CRA collections officers to arrive at an acceptable payment plan to prevent bank account seizure, wage garnishment, personal property liens, and harassment by CRA agents.
We are passionate about Income Tax Law
The perfect combination of tax knowledge and experience to solve all your income tax issues, so that you can finally sleep at night
Founding lawyer, David J. Rotfleisch is an expert in the realm of income tax law. You might say that income tax is David’s passion for David is not only a lawyer, he is a chartered professional accountant. He has helped start-up businesses, resident and non-resident business owners and corporations with their tax affairs. Over the years, he has assisted numerous corporations and individuals with simple and complex tax and estate planning matters as well as tax amnesty and tax litigation issues.
David’s second passion is technology, and with an extensive background in the computer and IT industry, David is especially adept at dealing with high-tech legal issues, such as software development and intellectual property.
He graduated from McGill University in Montreal in 1975 with a Bachelor of Commerce Degree and became a chartered professional accountant in 1977. He then attended Osgoode Hall Law School in Toronto and was admitted to the Ontario bar in 1983. He founded the firm in 1987.
He has published numerous tax articles in professional magazines and in the popular press including the National Post and Globe and Mail. He blogs extensively on his own site and for other websites and has appeared on Radio and Television. He is a regular columnist for Canadian Accountant and for Lawyer’s Daily.
Our Team of Trusted Income Tax Lawyers
Experienced Tax Lawyers to solve all of your Tax issues